Date
Migration to Groups.io complete!

Brendan OSullivan <bosullivan@...>

Greetings FOSSology community!

We are writing to let you know that the migration of your mailing list services to Groups.io is complete. Please be sure to visit https://lists.fossology.org/g/main to overview your current lists and settings. If you’d like to learn more about using Groups.io , please reference their help documentation. If you need assistance with Groups.io, please email helpdesk@... for The Linux Foundation’s helpdesk.

Cheers!
Brendan OSullivan

Helpdesk Analyst

help a noob

geoffrey.n.greene@...

Total noob here, trying to install FOSSology from source (version 3.3.0-43-g1423135)

According to https://github.com/fossology/fossology/wiki/Install-from-Source,

I should run make install as root (after all the other steps)

However when I do, I get:

current dir: '/usr/src/fossology/src'

/usr/bin/install -D -m 644 composer.json composer.lock /usr/local/share/fossology

(cd /usr/local/share/fossology; export COMPOSER_HOME=/dev/null; composer install --no-plugins --no-scripts --no-dev)

Do not run Composer as root/super user! See https://getcomposer.org/root for details

Installing dependencies from lock file

Your requirements could not be resolved to an installable set of packages.

 Problem 1

    - Installation request for easyrdf/easyrdf 0.9.1 -> satisfiable by easyrdf/easyrdf[0.9.1].

    - easyrdf/easyrdf 0.9.1 requires ext-mbstring * -> the requested PHP extension mbstring is missing from your system.

  To enable extensions, verify that they are enabled in your .ini files:

    - /etc/php.ini

    - /etc/php.d/curl.ini

    - /etc/php.d/dom.ini

    - /etc/php.d/fileinfo.ini

    - /etc/php.d/json.ini

    - /etc/php.d/pdo.ini

    - /etc/php.d/pdo_pgsql.ini

    - /etc/php.d/pdo_sqlite.ini

    - /etc/php.d/pgsql.ini

    - /etc/php.d/phar.ini

    - /etc/php.d/posix.ini

    - /etc/php.d/sqlite3.ini

    - /etc/php.d/sysvmsg.ini

    - /etc/php.d/sysvsem.ini

    - /etc/php.d/sysvshm.ini

    - /etc/php.d/wddx.ini

    - /etc/php.d/xmlreader.ini

    - /etc/php.d/xmlwriter.ini

    - /etc/php.d/xsl.ini

    - /etc/php.d/zip.ini

  You can also run `php --ini` inside terminal to see which files are used by PHP in CLI mode.

make[1]: *** [composer_install] Error 2

make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/fossology/src'

make: *** [install-src] Error 2

So, I guess the question is what do I need to do to install easyrdf?

Re: help a noob

Maximilian Huber

On Thu, 14. Jun 18:00, Greene (US), Geoffrey N wrote:
- easyrdf/easyrdf 0.9.1 requires ext-mbstring * -> the requested PHP extension mbstring is missing from your system.
You are missing the ext-mbstring package which can maybe be installed via
- `$ apt-get install php7.0-mbstring` or
- `$ yum php-mbstring`

Since you followed the instructions, you should already have all dependencies
installed after running `./utils/fo-installdeps`.
Which OS do you use? Maybe it is not fully supported by the script.

Best regards
Maximilian

--
Maximilian Huber * maximilian.huber@... * +49-174-3410223
TNG Technology Consulting GmbH, Betastr. 13a, 85774 Unterföhring

Re: help a noob

Greene (US), Geoffrey N <geoffrey.n.greene@...>

Yup it was php-mbstring.  I just had to do a yum install on it.  That was the only package missing.  Maybe just that one is missing from the installdeps script ( I was using centOS)

Then I realized my php is too old.  I thought I'll try the docker image instead... upgrading my php will be a pain...

Prepare for more questions from me tho... my first attempt at the docker image revealed a crashing scheduler...  I'll work that tomorrow.

On Thu, 14. Jun 18:00, Greene (US), Geoffrey N wrote:
>     - easyrdf/easyrdf 0.9.1 requires ext-mbstring * -> the requested PHP extension mbstring is missing from your system.

You are missing the ext-mbstring package which can maybe be installed via
- `$ apt-get install php7.0-mbstring` or
- `$ yum php-mbstring`

Since you followed the instructions, you should already have all dependencies
installed after running `./utils/fo-installdeps`.
Which OS do you use? Maybe it is not fully supported by the script.

Best regards
Maximilian

--
Maximilian Huber * maximilian.huber@... * +49-174-3410223
TNG Technology Consulting GmbH, Betastr. 13a, 85774 Unterföhring
Geschäftsführer: Henrik Klagges, Dr. Robert Dahlke, Gerhard Müller

Re: help a noob

Michael C. Jaeger

Hi Geoffrey,

I am sorry for this experience, I think we do not have enough (any?) persons caring for the CentOS / yum based distros. any help here is much appreciated.

I filed an issue for this:

https://github.com/fossology/fossology/issues/1119

Kind regards, Michael