From: main@... <main@...> On Behalf Of Frye, Deborah L (US)
Sent: Monday, November 9, 2020 9:19 AM
To: main@...
Subject: EXTERNAL: Re: [FOSSology] Unpacking Debian Files - Fossology Version 3.8.1

Thanks for the quick find and fix.

Yes, we did change the base system on which Fossology is running. Our Fossology 3.8.1 instance is deployed to a separate server running Ubuntu 18.04 LTS.

Based on your diagnosis, as a workaround we tried changing /etc/mime.types to point 'deb' files back to the previous MIME type of "application/x-debian-package" but still saw the same behavior. Next we will try a custom compiled version that applies your patch.

Thank you for your prompt response!

Deb