Re: Unpacking Debian Files - Fossology Version 3.8.1

Gaurav Mishra

Hello Frye,

From what I understood with inconsistency in the unpacking, the deb files were not extracted at all and I tried it on my machine and it didn't work.

It seems like the mimetype of .deb archives was changed (only official document I could find is this https://www.iana.org/assignments/media-types/application/vnd.debian.binary-package).
I have created a PR with the new mimetype which you can find here: https://github.com/fossology/fossology/pull/1831

Also, I was wondering did you changed the base system the fossology is running, as there was no change in the code base related to it?

With best regards,
Gaurav Mishra

From: main@... <main@...> on behalf of D Frye <deborah.l.frye@...>
Sent: 05 November 2020 22:55
To: main@... <main@...>
Subject: [FOSSology] Unpacking Debian Files - Fossology Version 3.8.1

Recently upgraded Fossology to Version 3.8.1.  Previous version unpacked and scanned Debian files within FOSS packages; however, seems like new version is not consistently unpacking them.  Has anyone else run into this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Deb Frye

Lockheed Martin Corporation

Rotary and Mission Systems (RMS)

Software License Compliance / F-35 3PC Lead
P.O. Box 4840, EP7-C182, MD8
Syracuse, NY 13221-4840
(315) 456-2485
deborah.l.frye@...