Re: help a noob

Greene (US), Geoffrey N <geoffrey.n.greene@...>

Yeah, that worked. Thanks!

-----Original Message-----
From: main@... [mailto:main@...] On Behalf Of Gaurav Mishra
Sent: Monday, June 18, 2018 7:14 AM
To: main@...
Subject: Re: [FOSSology] help a noob

Hello Geoffrey,

Please restart the scheduler. You can do it by using the running container name and calling exec on it.

To get current container name or id, run: docker container ls
CONTAINER ID IMAGE COMMAND CREATED STATUS PORTS NAMES
0c97ae36577e fossology/fossology "/fossology/docker..." 20 minutes ago Up 5 minutes 8081/tcp, 0.0.0.0:8081->80/tcp hopeful_varahamihira

Then call exec on it with the STDIN attached: docker exec -i -t hopeful_varahamihira /bin/bash And restart the scheduler with the new terminal: /etc/init.d/fossology restart

There is a problem with the latest tag of docker and scheduler keeps crashing. Please consider using latest release tag 3.3.0 for time being (docker run -p 8081:80 fossology/fossology:3.3.0)?

With best regards,
Gaurav Mishra

Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited CT RDA DS AA DTS CNP CT 84, Hosur Road Bengaluru 560100, India
Mobile: +91 9840702660
mailto:@gmishx
www.siemens.co.in/STS

www.siemens.com/ingenuityforlife

Registered Office: Plot No. 2, Sector No. 2, Kharghar Node, Navi Mumbai – 410210. Telephone +91 22 39672000. Fax +91 22 27740169. Other Offices: Bangalore, Chennai, Gurgaon, Noida, Pune. Corporate Identity number: U99999MH1986PTC093854 -----Original Message-----
From: "Greene (US), Geoffrey N" <geoffrey.n.greene@...>
To: main@... <main@...>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2018 13:59:17 +0000

OK, so CentOS won't work for me (all I'm trying to do is evaluate fossology to see if it will work for my needs, and I don't feel like compiling php from source)

So I installed the docker image. That should just...work...

It doesn't work either. When I upload my source (300GB zipped) nothing happens. It appears that it unzips it,
(maybe?) but then it never scans it.

I think the scheduler is busted. When I go to the Scheduler Administration and click on "Status" for the "Scheduler" and hit "Submit it says

Status of the scheduler failed.Connection to the scheduler failed. Is the scheduler running?
socket_connect() failed.
Reason: () Connection refused

This is the docker image...shouldn't it just...work?

FWIW, the banner says:

Version: [unknown], Branch: [master], Commit: [#142313] 2018/06/07 09:45 UTC built @ 2018/06/07 10:07 UTC

Is there a known stable version I should use rather than just docker run -p 8081:80 fossology/fossology ?

Thanks

From: Maximilian Huber <maximilian.huber@...>
Date: 6/14/18 5:48 PM (GMT-05:00)
To: main@...

On Thu, 14. Jun 18:00, Greene (US), Geoffrey N wrote:
- easyrdf/easyrdf 0.9.1 requires ext-mbstring * -> the requested
PHP extension mbstring is missing from your system.
You are missing the ext-mbstring package which can maybe be installed
via
- `$ apt-get install php7.0-mbstring` or
- `$ yum php-mbstring`

Since you followed the instructions, you should already have all
dependencies installed after running `./utils/fo-installdeps`.
Which OS do you use? Maybe it is not fully supported by the script.

Best regards
Maximilian

--
Maximilian Huber * maximilian.huber@... * +49-174-3410223 TNG
Technology Consulting GmbH, Betastr. 13a, 85774 Unterföhring

Ce message et ses pieces jointes peuvent contenir des informations confidentielles ou privilegiees et ne doivent donc pas etre diffuses, exploites ou copies sans autorisation. Si vous avez recu ce message par erreur, veuillez le signaler a l'expediteur et le detruire ainsi que les pieces jointes. Les messages electroniques etant susceptibles d'alteration, Orange decline toute responsabilite si ce message a ete altere, deforme ou falsifie. Merci.

This message and its attachments may contain confidential or privileged information that may be protected by law; they should not be distributed, used or copied without authorisation.
Thank you.

Join main@lists.fossology.org to automatically receive all group messages.