Re: Flossology bugs: upload and unified report tasks are not executed in vagrant vm
Michael C. Jaeger
looks like we have an unfortunate time with the scheduler the past days.
Regarding the apache message: I am not sure if this indicates a serious problem. As far as I know the server name should be set by admin of the machine (in this case your vagrant machine) and if it is not set, then this message arrives.
FOSSology is a server application therefore some admin tasks may be necessary to fully set this up.
It seems like the scheduler crashes and then is not starting again. However the start can be triggered at restart of the machine, so that it is why it returns when you issue vagrant to reprovision
You could do
· “vagrant ssh” (being in the directory from where you executed the other vagrant commands) to log into the machine directly
· once logged in, either try to “sudo service fossology graceful-stop” and “sudo service fossology stop” (or “sudo service fossology restart”)
· see htop or top what it is doing
Any other than that, the scheduler might require an investigation why it is stopping, maybe it is a general error.
Kind regards, Michael
From: main@... [mailto:main@...] On Behalf Of Stephanie Mehltretter
Sent: Montag, 18. Juni 2018 12:07
Subject: [FOSSology] Flossology bugs: upload and unified report tasks are not executed in vagrant vm
I am new to Flossology and have installed the software using vagrant and Virtualbox. The installation worked fine and I can use a Fossology instance on http://localhost:8081/repo/. In the terminal I got the warning that " default: AH00558: apache2: Could not reliably determine the server's fully qualified domain name, using 10.0.2.15. Set the 'ServerName' directive globally to suppress this message".
The problem is that the unified report only can be downloaded after executing a vagrant reload in the Terminal!
My steps are the following:
1) upload via version control system the project "https://github.com/laravel/framework" (works - see attachement)
2) under the tab "browse" click on the project and select "export unified report"
--> in the job list 29 new jobs show up doing a unified report. ALL of those jobs stay yellow until you type "vagrant reload" in the terminal.
Then you can go to the job list and see blue yellow and gree jobs and you can download the generated report!
By the way, pausing or canceling a job results in the error added in the attachement.
- if you follow the steps mentioned before and then upload a new project to be analysed, the upload jobs will stay yellow even if you do vagrant reload. I have been waiting for the upload for over 2 hours even if the project is not very big (react js of facebook).
How to handle this bug?
I hope all the screenshow are helpful.
Could you please help me, how to avoid the problem or fix it in the vagrant container?
Thank you so much!