Date
REST API doesn't work for me

leimaohui

Hi, all

I tried fossology REST API but failed. The following is my steps.

step1.Start the latest fossology docker.
$ sudo docker run -d -p 8081:80 fossology/fossology:latest
390d501fec6e773340ff466c9876cf4d2155562748ed1e749d5457d490ad516e
$ sudo docker ps
CONTAINER ID IMAGE COMMAND CREATED STATUS PORTS NAMES
390d501fec6e fossology/fossology:latest "/fossology/docker..." 18 seconds ago Up 4 seconds 0.0.0.0:8081->80/tcp focused_jepsen

step2. Tried REST API, but failed.
$ curl -k -s -S -u fossy:fossy -X GET http://localhost:8081/repo/api/v1/folders
<title>404 Not Found</title>
</head><body>
<h1>Not Found</h1>
<hr>
<address>Apache/2.4.10 (Debian) Server at localhost Port 8081</address>

I wonder if there is something error in my steps. Who can give me some suggestions?

Best regard
Lei Maohui

Re: Test Server

Michael C. Jaeger

Hi Matt,

thanks for letting us know. Some do not take this "please keep this place useful for others" seriously ... that is how it is from time to time.

know I tried to recover it, but turned out to be to messy, so I reset it. Sorry for those thanks to one person who apparently also left his e-mail address in some fields ...

Seems to work (just tested) again.

Kind regards, Michael

On 12. Jun 2019, at 18:27, Matt Germonprez <germonprez@...> wrote:

Hi,

The test server at:

http://83.169.21.23/fossology/

is not taking the credentials of testuser/test

Matt

--
Mutual of Omaha Associate Professor
Information Systems

Fossology Project presentation in OSS-China19

Ghosh, Anupam <anupam.ghosh@...>

Hello,

This is to inform you that I will be presenting Fossology Project in OSS-China(https://www.lfasiallc.com/events/kubecon-cloudnativecon-china-2019/) on 26th of June, 19.

Anyone attending the event is most welcomed to catch up for a discussion.

I will be there in the event venue from 24th June (evening), feel free to get in touch over e-mail.

With regards,

Anupam Ghosh

e-mail : anupam.ghosh@...

              anupamghosh.ind@...

Test Server

Matt Germonprez <germonprez@...>

Hi,

The test server at:

is not taking the credentials of testuser/test

Matt

--
Mutual of Omaha Associate Professor
Information Systems
College of Information Science & Technology
University of Nebraska Omaha
he / him / his

Updating Documentation

Michael C. Jaeger

Hi,

we would like to update the documentation of FOSSology, bascially also to clean up outdated parts.

We have created a "github project" in the fossology/fossology area:

https://github.com/fossology/fossology/projects/4

-> if you have suggestions to the created issues or suggestions as new issues please feel free to use issues for covering them!

Kind regards, Michael

Re: Multiple FOSSology wikis

Michael C. Jaeger

Hello,

thanks for reaching out with this topic.

I am tempted to propose to abandon the wiki.fossology.org, since it could be covered with the github wiki.

In general, my view is the same as you put it:

1. https://github.com/fossology/fossology/wiki - This seems to be developer-focused
2. https://wiki.fossology.org/start - This appears to be more general project documentation
3. http://archive15.fossology.org/projects/fossology/wiki - This, of course, is the old archived wiki
adding to that

4. https://fossology.github.io : Gaurav has invested some time in the past months to automatically generate the doxygen documentation (and md files from the repo) into html pages and push it to the github home page mechanism.

I also agree with your proposal, so that we move content from wiki.fossology.org to https://github.com/fossology/fossology/wiki and safely leave [3] to gracefully collect dust. I would leave it there, since also there seems to quite a number of servers on version 1.X as some postings have shown and what does not happen often, but from time to time I am searching for old information on Software Project on the Web too and find it disappointing if pages have been pulled off.

So I understand right, proposal to reach the following documentation landscape is:

1. https://www.fossology.org : Introduction to Project and static general information
2. https://github.com/fossology/fossology/wiki : Wiki and developer information
3. https://fossology.github.io : doxygen content
4. http://archive15.fossology.org/projects/fossology/wiki : Historic archive to trace how things were ten years ago

does it sound like a plan? (also @all)

Kind regards, Michael

On 21. May 2019, at 17:39, Dan Stangel <dan.stangel@...> wrote:

Hi FOSSologists,

I was reviewing some FOSSology project documentation in preparation for setting up a new enterprise FO 3.x system, and realized there are at least three (3) separate project wikis, in addition to the main project website at https://www.fossology.org/

1. https://github.com/fossology/fossology/wiki - This seems to be developer-focused
2. https://wiki.fossology.org/start - This appears to be more general project documentation
3. http://archive15.fossology.org/projects/fossology/wiki - This, of course, is the old archived wiki

Should we be focusing efforts on editing and updating [1], [2], or both? I assume that we can safely leave [3] to gracefully collect dust. Also there is duplicated content between [1] and [2] -- and more concerning, some conflicts. If we're using both wikis, should we try to replace this duplicate info with cross-references between the two wikis?

Thanks!
Dan Stangel

Multiple FOSSology wikis

Dan Stangel

[...]

Re: Ninka Usage Question

Matija Šuklje

Die 20. 05. 19 et hora 11:09 Michael C. Jaeger scripsit:
I wondered if there are more persons using the ninka integration
in FOSSology, or ifnot using, find it important to have it
integrated in FOSSology? Kind regards, Michael
I’m not using it, mainly because of the license names mismatch.

cheers,
Matija
--
gsm: +386 41 849 552
www: http://matija.suklje.name

Re: Ninka Usage Question

Hi all,

We're not using Ninka anymore since it is not included by default in the Docker builds.
I meant to re-test Ninka's results to determine if it was worth re-installing it, but haven't done it yet.

Nicolas

On 20/05/2019 11:09, Michael C. Jaeger wrote:

Hi,

since there is an issue about it:

https://github.com/fossology/fossology/issues/1355

I wondered if there are more persons using the ninka integration in FOSSology, or ifnot using, find it important to have it integrated in FOSSology?

Kind regards, Michael

--

Nicolas Toussaint
OAB - Orange Applications for Business - Lyon

Ninka Usage Question

Michael C. Jaeger

Hi,

since there is an issue about it:

https://github.com/fossology/fossology/issues/1355

I wondered if there are more persons using the ninka integration in FOSSology, or ifnot using, find it important to have it integrated in FOSSology?

Kind regards, Michael

Re: Issues with Bulk Recognitions remove license function

Michael C. Jaeger

Hello,

I am not sure, but I suspect you are not matching the bulk text phrase.

You can argue how to match. we have decided for the SPDX matching guidelines. And thus:

"I've tried to use the Bulk Recognition to simultaneously remove one and add another license."

is different from

"I've tried to use the Bulk Recognition to simultaneously remove one and add another license"

-> a dot attached to a word needs to be there otherwise it is not a 100% match.

Does this help? I am not sure because the first two bulk scan did not match neither, but it makes sense to test this first.

Kind regards, Michael

On 8. May 2019, at 12:04, Toni Päärni <toni.paarni@...> wrote:

Hi,

We are running: "Version: [3.5.0], Branch: [HEAD], Commit: [#171d4d] 2019/04/12 08:47 UTC built @ 2019/04/12 09:09 UTC". Has been done on the basis of binaries from the Fossology project: FOSSology-3.5.0-debian8jessie.tar.gz.

(We had an issue with installing first based on 9stretch, but completed the installation with 8jessie, as the platform was jessie. Not sure if this could have an impact. But the problem likely was same also earlier version 3.2.0RC, but unable to reproduce that now.)

Some further testing: just doing the remove-action with bulk-recognition does not work either. Addition works, but remove acts as if it was an addition by the bulk (see screenshot). In the screenshot, you can see also the bulk history. Those Dual-licence additions should be removals.

Best Regards
Toni Päärni