Date
Re: Issues with Bulk Recognitions remove license function

Michael C. Jaeger

Hi,

may I ask for two things to help us:

* which version? (or how did you install it) (it is the grey text in the menu area)
* Would it be possible to share a screenshot of the Bulk Regocnition Panel just before your start the scan?

Kind regards, Michael

On 6. May 2019, at 17:01, Toni Päärni <toni.paarni@...> wrote:

Hi,

I've tried to use the Bulk Recognition to simultaneously remove one and add another license.
When doing this, the Bulk Recognition just adds both of the licenses and doesn't remove the other.
I would be very glad and interested to know why our Fossology is doing such a thing and how to fix it?

PS. I also have the same issue when just removing with the Bulk Recognition. It turns it to an "add license" for some reason.

Best regards
Toni Päärni

Need to remove Debian packaging meta info from master branch

Gaurav Mishra

Hello all,

During our effort to publish FOSSology as a Debian package, we got few suggestions from the Debian community.

One of those suggestion is to remove the Debian packaging information (debian folder) from the master branch and put it into another branch like chore/debian/jessie.

This is done so to avoid conflicts as Debian maintainers will be editing this packaging information in the FOSSology mirror (hosted at Debian Sala). And any change in upstream can result in conflicts.

As this change will alter the packaging steps required by many of FOSSology users, we need your feedback.

I have opened an issue on GitHub for the same: https://github.com/fossology/fossology/issues/1341

Kindly respond either on this thread or on the GitHub issue if you have any concerns regarding the same.

With best regards,
Gaurav Mishra

VS: [FOSSology] Issues with Bulk Recognitions remove license function

Toni Päärni

Hi,

We are running: "Version: [3.5.0], Branch: [HEAD], Commit: [#171d4d] 2019/04/12 08:47 UTC built @ 2019/04/12 09:09 UTC". Has been done on the basis of binaries from the Fossology project: FOSSology-3.5.0-debian8jessie.tar.gz.

(We had an issue with installing first based on 9stretch, but completed the installation with 8jessie, as the platform was jessie. Not sure if this could have an impact. But the problem likely was same also earlier version 3.2.0RC, but unable to reproduce that now.)

Some further testing: just doing the remove-action with bulk-recognition does not work either. Addition works, but remove acts as if it was an addition by the bulk (see screenshot). In the screenshot, you can see also the bulk history. Those Dual-licence additions should be removals.

Best Regards
Toni Päärni

Lähetetty: maanantai 6. toukokuuta 2019 18.38
Vastaanottaja: Toni Päärni
Kopio: fossology@...
Aihe: Re: [FOSSology] Issues with Bulk Recognitions remove license function

[...]

Hello,

I am not sure, but I suspect you are not matching the bulk text phrase.

You can argue how to match. we have decided for the SPDX matching guidelines. And thus:

"I've tried to use the Bulk Recognition to simultaneously remove one and add another license."

is different from

"I've tried to use the Bulk Recognition to simultaneously remove one and add another license"

-> a dot attached to a word needs to be there otherwise it is not a 100% match.

Does this help? I am not sure because the first two bulk scan did not match neither, but it makes sense to test this first.

Kind regards, Michael

On 8. May 2019, at 12:04, Toni Päärni <toni.paarni@...> wrote:

[...]

<Fossology print screen.jpg>

Ninka Usage Question

Michael C. Jaeger

Hi,

since there is an issue about it:

https://github.com/fossology/fossology/issues/1355

I wondered if there are more persons using the ninka integration in FOSSology, or ifnot using, find it important to have it integrated in FOSSology?

Kind regards, Michael

Re: Ninka Usage Question

Hi all,

We're not using Ninka anymore since it is not included by default in the Docker builds.
I meant to re-test Ninka's results to determine if it was worth re-installing it, but haven't done it yet.

Nicolas

--

Nicolas Toussaint
OAB - Orange Applications for Business - Lyon

Re: Ninka Usage Question

Matija ?uklje

Die 20. 05. 19 et hora 11:09 Michael C. Jaeger scripsit:
I wondered if there are more persons using the ninka integration
in FOSSology, or ifnot using, find it important to have it
integrated in FOSSology? Kind regards, Michael
I’m not using it, mainly because of the license names mismatch.

cheers,
Matija
--
gsm: +386 41 849 552
www: http://matija.suklje.name

Multiple FOSSology wikis

Dan Stangel

Hi FOSSologists,

I was reviewing some FOSSology project documentation in preparation for setting up a new enterprise FO 3.x system, and realized there are at least three (3) separate project wikis, in addition to the main project website at https://www.fossology.org/

1. https://github.com/fossology/fossology/wiki - This seems to be developer-focused
2. https://wiki.fossology.org/start - This appears to be more general project documentation
3. http://archive15.fossology.org/projects/fossology/wiki - This, of course, is the old archived wiki

Should we be focusing efforts on editing and updating [1], [2], or both? I assume that we can safely leave [3] to gracefully collect dust. Also there is duplicated content between [1] and [2] -- and more concerning, some conflicts. If we're using both wikis, should we try to replace this duplicate info with cross-references between the two wikis?

Thanks!
Dan Stangel

Re: Multiple FOSSology wikis

Michael C. Jaeger

Hello,

thanks for reaching out with this topic.

I am tempted to propose to abandon the wiki.fossology.org, since it could be covered with the github wiki.

In general, my view is the same as you put it:

1. https://github.com/fossology/fossology/wiki - This seems to be developer-focused
2. https://wiki.fossology.org/start - This appears to be more general project documentation
3. http://archive15.fossology.org/projects/fossology/wiki - This, of course, is the old archived wiki
adding to that

4. https://fossology.github.io : Gaurav has invested some time in the past months to automatically generate the doxygen documentation (and md files from the repo) into html pages and push it to the github home page mechanism.

I also agree with your proposal, so that we move content from wiki.fossology.org to https://github.com/fossology/fossology/wiki and safely leave [3] to gracefully collect dust. I would leave it there, since also there seems to quite a number of servers on version 1.X as some postings have shown and what does not happen often, but from time to time I am searching for old information on Software Project on the Web too and find it disappointing if pages have been pulled off.

So I understand right, proposal to reach the following documentation landscape is:

1. https://www.fossology.org : Introduction to Project and static general information
2. https://github.com/fossology/fossology/wiki : Wiki and developer information
3. https://fossology.github.io : doxygen content
4. http://archive15.fossology.org/projects/fossology/wiki : Historic archive to trace how things were ten years ago

does it sound like a plan? (also @all)

Kind regards, Michael

On 21. May 2019, at 17:39, Dan Stangel <dan.stangel@...> wrote:

[...]

Updating Documentation

Michael C. Jaeger

Hi,

we would like to update the documentation of FOSSology, bascially also to clean up outdated parts.

We have created a "github project" in the fossology/fossology area:

https://github.com/fossology/fossology/projects/4

-> if you have suggestions to the created issues or suggestions as new issues please feel free to use issues for covering them!

Kind regards, Michael

Test Server

Matt Germonprez <germonprez@...>

Hi,

The test server at:

is not taking the credentials of testuser/test

Matt

--
Mutual of Omaha Associate Professor
Information Systems

Fossology Project presentation in OSS-China19

Ghosh, Anupam <anupam.ghosh@...>

Hello,

This is to inform you that I will be presenting Fossology Project in OSS-China(https://www.lfasiallc.com/events/kubecon-cloudnativecon-china-2019/) on 26th of June, 19.

Anyone attending the event is most welcomed to catch up for a discussion.

I will be there in the event venue from 24th June (evening), feel free to get in touch over e-mail.

With regards,

Anupam Ghosh

e-mail : anupam.ghosh@...

              anupamghosh.ind@...

Re: Test Server

Michael C. Jaeger

Hi Matt,

thanks for letting us know. Some do not take this "please keep this place useful for others" seriously ... that is how it is from time to time.

know I tried to recover it, but turned out to be to messy, so I reset it. Sorry for those thanks to one person who apparently also left his e-mail address in some fields ...

Seems to work (just tested) again.

Kind regards, Michael

On 12. Jun 2019, at 18:27, Matt Germonprez <germonprez@...> wrote:

Hi,

The test server at:

http://83.169.21.23/fossology/

is not taking the credentials of testuser/test

Matt

--
Mutual of Omaha Associate Professor
Information Systems
College of Information Science & Technology
University of Nebraska Omaha
he / him / his
https://goo.gl/E87KdK

REST API doesn't work for me

leimaohui

Hi, all

I tried fossology REST API but failed. The following is my steps.

step1.Start the latest fossology docker.
$ sudo docker run -d -p 8081:80 fossology/fossology:latest
390d501fec6e773340ff466c9876cf4d2155562748ed1e749d5457d490ad516e
$ sudo docker ps
CONTAINER ID IMAGE COMMAND CREATED STATUS PORTS NAMES
390d501fec6e fossology/fossology:latest "/fossology/docker..." 18 seconds ago Up 4 seconds 0.0.0.0:8081->80/tcp focused_jepsen

step2. Tried REST API, but failed.
$ curl -k -s -S -u fossy:fossy -X GET http://localhost:8081/repo/api/v1/folders
<title>404 Not Found</title>
</head><body>
<h1>Not Found</h1>
<hr>
<address>Apache/2.4.10 (Debian) Server at localhost Port 8081</address>

I wonder if there is something error in my steps. Who can give me some suggestions?

Best regard
Lei Maohui

Re: REST API doesn't work for me

Gaurav Mishra

Hello Lei,

I just tried running the exact same commands on my system and it seems to be working fine.
$ curl -k -s -S -u fossy:fossy -X GET http://localhost:8081/repo/api/v1/folders
{"code":400,"message":"Authorization header is malformed or empty.","type":"ERROR"}

Probably you are trying to running an old image. Can you please pull the latest image again?

If it is still not working, I would suggest you to check if the following settings are correct in your container:

File /etc/apache2/conf-enabled/fossology.conf should contain
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteRule "^api/(.*)" "/repo/api/index.php" [QSA,L]
RewriteRule .* - [env=HTTP_AUTHORIZATION:%{HTTP:Authorization}]
</IfModule>

And please check if the mod_rewrite is enabled in apache. You can check using "a2query -m rewrite".
If the rewrite module is disabled, please enable it using "a2enmod rewrite" and restart apache.

Hope this will help.

With best regards,
Gaurav Mishra

I tried fossology REST API but failed. The following is my steps.

step1.Start the latest fossology docker.
$ sudo docker run -d -p 8081:80 fossology/fossology:latest 390d501fec6e773340ff466c9876cf4d2155562748ed1e749d5457d490ad516e
$ sudo docker ps
CONTAINER ID IMAGE COMMAND CREATED STATUS PORTS NAMES
390d501fec6e fossology/fossology:latest "/fossology/docker..." 18 seconds ago Up 4 seconds 0.0.0.0:8081->80/tcp focused_jepsen

step2. Tried REST API, but failed.
$ curl -k -s -S -u fossy:fossy -X GET http://localhost:8081/repo/api/v1/folders
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN"> <html><head>
<title>404 Not Found</title>
</head><body>
<h1>Not Found</h1>

I wonder if there is something error in my steps. Who can give me some suggestions?

Best regard
Lei Maohui

Re: REST API doesn't work for me

leimaohui

Hi, Gaurav

Thank you for your reply. I will pull the latest image and try.

Best regards
[...]

I quickly tried it (on macosx), I think with the latest docker image it works (REST API is accessible).

Kind regards, Michael

lando:~ sam$ sudo docker run -d -p 8081:80 fossology/fossology:latest
Password:
Unable to find image 'fossology/fossology:latest' locally
latest: Pulling from fossology/fossology
fc7181108d40: Pull complete
fb9e0270a85b: Pull complete
e94890eadc8c: Pull complete
217106126024: Pull complete
d492da851f3c: Pull complete
41664bf0483f: Pull complete
ebc0022e3578: Pull complete
b1cdf126c91b: Pull complete
42723fb53ecc: Pull complete
900bf51529a3: Pull complete
bbe082eb7cc2: Pull complete
8aca2ecbf237: Pull complete
f24b9d7f3128: Pull complete
Digest: sha256:433a0e748cb1b1614189d37213373ea1fe51135a446a85705884c82436f648b9
lando:~ sam$ curl -k -s -S -u fossy:fossy -X GET http://localhost:8081/repo/api/v1/folders

On 12. Jul 2019, at 02:02, leimaohui <leimaohui@...> wrote:

[...]

Hi Michael, Gaurav

I'm sorry I didn't have time to try again until now.

lando:~ sam$ curl -k -s -S -u fossy:fossy -X GET
http://localhost:8081/repo/api/v1/folders
{"code":400,"message":"Authorization header is malformed or
empty.","type":"ERROR"}
Yes, I pull the latest docker image and have the same result. But I have some questions.

1. Why the output isn't "Software Repository"? Isn't the first folder " Software Repository "?

2. I tried to creat a new folder, but failed.
[leimh@localhost test-fossdriver]$ curl -k -s -S -X POST http://localhost:8081/repo/api/v1/folders -u fossy:fossy -H 'parentFolder:1' -H 'folderName: rest' --noproxy localhost
{"code":403,"message":"Do not have required scope.","type":"ERROR"}
[leimh@localhost test-fossdriver]$

Does the command have something error?

Best regards
Lei

[...]

the API uses the folder id (just an integer counted up) and not the folder name. While this is - admitted - not very intuitive, it keeps hazzle away with special folder names.

I am not sure about the scope, but Is suspect something is not allright when you are using

-u fossy:fossy
which is an early version of the rest API. I think with the new version you should use the token, which you can get in the user edit area (of your own user currently logged in). Then the token should be used like this:

-H "Authorization: Bearer eyJ0eXAi…"

where the token is usually longer ... please check here: https://www.fossology.org/get-started/basic-rest-api-calls/

Kind regards, Michael

On 16. Jul 2019, at 06:27, leimaohui <leimaohui@...> wrote:

[...]

Info Rqrd:- Installation Process || Setup Process for Users || Requirements

Shreemant Kumar <shreemant.kumar@...>

Hi Team,

Hope all is well !!

We are requiring a license management tool and we have found fossology that can possible to manage the license. Actually, we need to manage Adobe, Windows and other licenses through the fossology but we are unable to install updated and compatible version of fossology tool so we requested to please provide the assistance to use.

I have mentioned some points below please help me out to use this software smoothly.

Points:-
Working process of fossology?
Installation process?
How to configure for license management?
How to add any license to fossology web page?
How many hardware things required to set up and manage at least 400 users?
How this software will prevent the license uses from the users?
Is it possible to provide remote support to users?
Best Regards

Shreemant Kumar | Associate Consultant-Infra

+91 8750311787

live:shreemant.kumar

www.oodlestechnologies.com | www.oodlesmarketing.com | www.oodlesstudio.com

Unit No. 159, Tower B1, Spaze I-Tech Park, Sector 49, Sohna Road, Gurgaon, India, 122018

Facebook icon Youtbue icon LinkedIn icon